Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Racism Officially Dead!

Racism is officially dead. It must be, when the candidate who could be America's first African-American President is being accused of elitism. How could he be elite if racism is still alive? The irony is so delicious! I agree with Jon Stewart. I WANT my president to be superior. I want a President who is multicultural and can speak several languages. I want a President who is familiar with the teachings of many religions. I want a President who is confident enough to lead this country with a vision, one that doesn't just prop up less than 1% of the country. Heck, it ought to be a good thing when someone says "no thanks" to a cup of coffee because he prefers healthy orange juice instead. As regards the "bitter" statement, I think Barack Obama is more in touch with the majority of people in the Heartland than he's being given credit for. He was trying to explain some pretty major differences between the people living on the coasts and those who live in the center of this enormously diverse country. They don't understand us any more than we understand them, but he gets it. As someone who has been accused of having a "superiority complex" much of my life, I heartily support standing up for oneself when attacked in this manner. Statements taken out of context and repeated over and over should be corrected and put into context properly. Is this the best anyone has to suggest that Barack Obama should not be our next president???

No comments: