Friday, October 31, 2008

Homemaking ABC's

A ~Aprons--y/n If y, what does your favorite look like? Yes, definitely. My favorite is a purple (of course) full length chef's apron, but I use a vintage half length white one with blue and red polka dots most often. B ~ Baking--Favorite thing to bake? Cookies. C ~ Clothes line? Not yet, but soon. D ~ Donuts? Yes, especially baked instead of fried. E ~ Everyday--One homemaking thing you do everyday? Clean kitchen counters. F ~ Freezer--Do you have a separate deep freeze? Not yet, but SOON! I can't wait. G ~ Garbage Disposer? Compost bucket. H ~ Handbook--What is your favorite homemaking resource? Betty Crocker and the Internet. I ~ Ironing--Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results? I love to iron, but rarely have the need. J ~ Junk Drawer--y/n? Where is it? Of course, it's in the kitchen. K ~ Kitchen--color and decorating scheme. Mostly white with green and oak. Vintage country. L ~ Love--what is your favorite part of homemaking? When my husband shows appreciation! M ~ Mop--y/n? Yes, a self-wringer so my hands don't have to get wet. N ~ Nylons, machine or hand wash? Haven't worn them for years, but I always did them in the machine. O ~ Oven--do you use the window or open the oven to check? I open the door. P ~ Pizza--What do you put on yours? Every Friday night is pizza night at our house. I use Martha White thin and crispy crust. Toppings are usually mushrooms, pepperoni, and extra cheese. Sometimes I throw some black olives and/or onions on, too. Q ~ Quiet--What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Read. R ~ Recipe Card Box--y/n? Yes, I think I have 2 or 3 in addition to my cookbook library. S ~ Style of house--What style is your house? The exterior is a 10-year-old modular ranch, but eventually the interior will be a French country castle. T ~Tablecloths or Place mats? Definitely tablecloth. U ~ Under the kitchen sink--organized or toxic wasteland? Very organized. V ~ Vacuum--How many times per week? The Pergo floor gets dust-mopped several times a week and spot-mopped as needed. W ~ Wash--How many loads of laundry do you do per week? 2-3. X's--Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? Only when I'm planning a gathering at my house. Y ~ Yard--y/n? Yes, 2 acres. ZZZ's ~ what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Letting the kitties in for the night, locking up, turning off the lights, and flushing the master bath toilet.

No comments: